What is AIFC Expat Centre (AEC)?
AIFC Expat Centre is a specialized centre of the AIFC Authority that provides centralized one-stop-shop with access to a wide range of government and soft-landing services to AIFC international business partners, foreign employees and as well as other foreign citizens staying in Kazakhstan.
What services are available at the AEC?
The AEC as a one-stop shop institution assists in obtaining a wide range of services:
• Kazakhstan Visa related services;
• Migration related services;
• Investor Service Centre of JSC NC «Kazakh Invest»;
• Obtaining Individual identification Number (IIN), Tax & Revenue related services;
• Electronic Digital Signature for 500+ e-government services (Public Service Centre);
• Vehicle registration services;
• Obtaining driver's license;
• Soft-landing services (guidance on and assistance in search of commercial and residential real estate, logistics companies, international schools, medical institutions, etc.);
• Notary Public services;
• Translation Bureau;
• Self service desk;
• Photo room services;
• Cashier desk;
• Call centre;
• Support & Consulting services.
Who are the clients of AEC?
The AEC provides favourable conditions for obtaining government and soft-landing services, not only for the AIFC participants, but also for companies who deal with foreign business partners and hire foreign employees as well as for foreign individuals visiting and residing in Nur-Sultan city. In this regard, the AEC becomes an integral part of the business infrastructure of the city, contributing to the investment attractiveness of the economy of Kazakhstan.
What are the Visa preferences for the AIFC Participants?
To achieve the AIFC goals and create a comfortable environment for investors, a unique preferential visa regime was introduced:
· AIFC participants are exempt from obtaining work permit;
· Work visas for foreign employees of the AIFC participants can be issued for a period of up to five years;
· AIFC participants enjoy simplified visa procedures.
How could be arranged the first entry to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
A foreign national entering the Republic of Kazakhstan is required to present a passport and a valid visa, unless they are a citizen of a country with visa-free regime coming for short-term purposes such as: business, conferences, private, etc.
Foreign nationals who are not on the visa-free regime list should obtain short-term tourist, business or private visas. Such type of visa is issued based on the invitation letter arranged by a host party in Kazakhstan.
Can the family members of the foreign employees be serviced at AIFC Expat Centre (AEC)?
Foreign employees and their family members are welcomed to obtain government and non-government services at AEC. Dependent family members must provide confirmation of relationship and copy of the visa of a primary applicant. Other family members can get corresponding visa categories through Authorized Agencies.