Notification and registration

Notification and registration

Notification on arrival

  • Since January 11, 2020, foreign nationals are exempted from the mandatory passport registration procedure at the Migration Authority if they stay for a period not exceeding 30 calendar days.
  • The host party in Kazakhstan (i.e. legal entities, individuals, hotels, landlords, etc.) is obliged to notify the Migration Authority on arrival of a foreign national (visa holder, visa-free visitor) within 3 business days at each entry to the country.

Please make sure that the required notification is submitted correctly by the host party to avoid troubles at the border control when leaving the country.

Notification can be processed: 

  • Via the state Visa-Migration Portal ( The service is available for both individuals and legal entities. To use the portal you are required to have the E-Digital Signature keys;
  • At the Migration Authority by submitting the official letter;
  • At the AIFC Expat Centre by submitting the official letter no later than on 2nd business day after the arrival of the foreign guest (click);

Please keep in mind, that failure to comply with the visa and migration regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan will lead to administrative prosecution under the Administrative Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.

Temporary Permit for Stay

Temporary permit for stay is only applicable for countries, that have reciprocal agreements with the Government of Republic of Kazakhstan on visa-free regime (please click to see the list),  and temporary permit for stay is carried out for the duration of the employment labor contract or expert agreement for the performance of work (provision of services) or based on letter from inviting party for private affairs.

Required documents:

  • Certificate of registration (from Egov);
  • Order of appointment of the first head in Kazakh or Russian languages;
  • Shareholder resolution on appointment of the first head of the Company in Kazakh or Russian languages;
  • Power of attorney (if applicable);
  • Notification on arrival ( or;
  • Letter from inviting party;
  • Original passport;
  • Foreign citizen’s IIN (Individual Identification Number);
  • First head's or representative's IIN;
  • Rent contract, real estate owner’s IIN;
  • Certificate of registered rights on real estate (if applicable);
  • RCA (Registration Code Address) of legal entity (from Egov);
  • Employment contract/expert agreement, and its certified translation (if applicable);
  • For dependents birth/marriage certificates are required;
  • Consent form;
  • Logging form

Please note: additional documents may be required if necessary.