In light of the COVID-19 situation, please stay safe wherever you are. On this page we have gathered all the important data related to COVID-19 situation in Kazakhstan to keep you well-informed.
170990 reported cases
2403 death caused
|Nur Sultan - 20342||Nur Sultan - 18187||Nur Sultan - 375|
|Almaty - 20393||Almaty - 18707||Almaty - 415|
|Shymkent - 5743||Shymkent - 5359||Shymkent - 86|
|Akmola region - 8558||Akmola region - 7449||Akmola region - 99|
|Karaganda region - 12920||Karaganda region - 12081||Karaganda region - 297|
|Atyrau region - 15104||Atyrau region - 13859||Atyrau region - 125|
|Zhambyl region - 5317||Zhambyl region - 4976||Zhambyl region - 63|
|Turkestan region - 3928||Turkestan region - 3678||Turkestan region - 48|
|East Kazakhstan region - 19638||East Kazakhstan region - 19099||East Kazakhstan region - 324|
|Almaty region - 8377||Almaty region - 6225||Almaty region - 96|
|Aktobe region - 3448 (+8)||Aktobe region - 3699||Aktobe region - 48|
|North Kazakhstan region - 9709||North Kazakhstan region - 8931||North Kazakhstan region - 41|
|Pavlodar region - 10874||Pavlodar region - 9604||Pavlodar region - 95|
|Mangistau region - 3905||Mangistau region - 3697||Mangistau region - 57|
|Kyzylorda region - 3500||Kyzylorda region - 3401||Kyzylorda region - 15|
|West Kazakhstan region - 10030||West Kazakhstan region - 8661||West Kazakhstan region - 183|
|Qostanay region - 8811||Qostanay region - 7784||Qostanay region - 36|
Process of obtaining the permission from Interdepartmental Commission on entry of foreign citizen to the Republic of Kazakhstan:
The host entity determines the need for the precense of the foreign expert on the project in Kazakhstan.
Based on the requirements of the region the host entity prepares an official letter on attracting a foreign citizen addressed to the Akim (Mayor) of the region. After review and preliminary approval of Akimat (local Mayory), an application will be forwarded for further approval by the Interdepartmental Commission.
Interdepartmental Commission reviews the documents at the Meeting and makes the decision on issuance or refusal on entry permit of a foreign expert.
In case of approval Interdepartmental Commission issues the Minutes of the meeting with the approved list of companies and foreign citizens, who are permitted to enter Kazakhstan.
Company follows further standard procedures for attracting a foreign labour to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
There are some important updates in Visa regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
Citizens of 109 states can obtain E-Visas for business, tourist or medical treatment purposes (list of countries). E-visa will be issued for a single-entry only via Visa and Migration Portal;
New provisions will come into force on September 18, 2020.
In accordance with the improvement of the epidemiological situation,the first category of safety now include 12 countries: China, Thailand, Mongolia, Malaysia, Egypt, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Germany, Belarus, Azerbaijan.
It should be reminded that Kazakhstan has approved three safety categories of countries and restrictions for international passenger flights:
The list of countries changes depending on epidemiological situation.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Republic of Kazakhstan the following country categories and restrictions for international passenger flights were approved.
First category: China, South Korea, Japan, Georgia, Thailand, Hungary, India, Germany,Czech Republic, Malaysia, UAE, Belarus, Turkey, Egypt, Ukraine, Netherlands, Russia.
Second category: Poland, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and irregular (evacuation and charter) flights from countries of the third category.
3) with a certificate of negative result for COVID-19 of examination (PCR method, no more than 5 days before crossing the state border - without restrictions;
4) without a certificate - laboratory examination for COVID-19 (PCR method within 48 hours from the day of arrival) or home quarantine for 14 days.
Third category: all countries except those from the first and second categories.
Regular flights are prohibited.
State Commission approves Plan for Phased Removal of Quarantine Measures from Aug. 17, 2020
During the quarantine in Kazakhstan, the epidemiological situation has stabilized and the burden on medical organizations has been reduced significantlly. Daily infection growth has reduced from 4% to 0.5%. The number of recovered has reached 76%. The average reproductive rate dropped to 0.78, bed occupancy is 26%.
The State Commission, having considered the proposals of the regional akims, as well as the position of the Ministry of Healthcare and other departments, approved the Plan for Phased Removal of Quarantine Measures and adopted a number of decisions:
1. The list of entrepreneurial activities, which will resume their work from Aug. 17, 2020, has been approved:
Employers have been recommended to maintain the remote work format for at least 80% of employees.
2. From Aug. 17, 2020, individual and group training in the open air (no more than 5 people) and sports training for national teams, club teams is allowed (no more than 30 people, accommodation at sports bases, strict compliance with anti-epidemic and preventive measures ).
3. From Aug. 17, 2020, the movement of public transport is resumed with occupancy according to the number of seats, provision of ventilation and disinfection at terminal stops.
4. The ban remains on:
5. In order to further stabilize the epidemiological situation, restrictive measures will be maintained over the weekend.
“Mask regime and social distancing are mandatory sanitary requirements for everyone and should become everyday rules in the life of citizens. It is necessary to resume the activities of business entities only when they are fully prepared,” said the Head of Government.
Taking into account the complication of the epidemiological situation and the increase in the incidence of coronavirus infection in Kazakhstan, the State Commission decided to introduce the following restrictive measures for 14 days from July 5, 2020:
1. International air traffic will be maintained without further expanding the list of countries.
2. Air traffic between regions, railway communication (with restrictions) will be maintained.
3. Passenger bus, auto-communication between regions will be suspended.
4. Work of public transport will be restricted in time.
1. A ban will be imposed on entertainment, sports and other public events, as well as family and commemorative events.
2. Individual outdoor training will be allowed.
3. Movement of persons along the streets, parks, squares will be limited to no more than 3 people.
4. Movement of persons over 65 years old will be restricted.
1. Beauty salons, hairdressers, gyms, fitness centers, swimming pools, food and non-food covered markets, beaches, water parks, cultural sites, museums, exhibitions, forums, conferences and other organized public events, entertainment centers, kindergartens (except duty groups), religious facilities, etc. (entertainment centers in the mall, entertainment facilities (karaoke, billiards, computer clubs, bowling centers), cinemas, children's health camps, food courts, banquet halls).
2. Remote work will be maintained for at least 80% of employees of state bodies (organizations), offices, national companies and other organizations.
3. Activities of medical centers by appointment will be maintained.
4. Activities of pharmacies, grocery stores, open markets will be maintained.
5. Activities of the following facilities will be maintained under the condition of enhanced sanitary and disinfection regime: public catering in the open air; construction, industrial enterprises with a continuous production cycle; construction works in the open air; agricultural work, fisheries and livestock; services, including car washes, car repairs and household appliances, public service centers, second-tier banks (but with a time limit).
The head of government noted that, depending on the further development of the epidemiological situation in the country, these restrictive measures can be extended for 2 weeks or strengthened.
There are some important updates in the Procedure for crossing the State Border during the period of quarantine restrictions❗️❗️❗️
1. Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan are allowed travelling to countries with which Kazkahstan agreed to resume regular flights, and foreign citizens, who are coming from those countries are allowed to enter Kazakhstan.
2. In addition, the crossing of the State border of the Republic of Kazakhstan is allowed for:
- foreigners from the ship's crews traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- cargo owners engaged in agricultural activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan ;
- parents accompanying minor citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who are studying abroad, as well as for their departure from Kazakhstan abroad in order to extend student visas, issue student ID-cards, and pass exams (tests).
According to a decree of Chief Sanitary Doctor Aizhan Yessmagambetova as of June 6, Kazakhstan eases quarantine measures for arrivals from abroad. According to the decree, persons arriving in the Republic of Kazakhstan from overseas would have to be placed in a quarantine hospital for up to 2 days for conducting COVID-19 laboratory testing.
This is with the exception of:
Persons who have arrived to Kazakhstan from abroad by flights and who have submitted negative COVID-19 examination certificate (issued no later than 5 days before the date of crossing the state border of the Republic of Kazakhstan) are not subject to placing in a quarantine hospital for COVID-19 laboratory testing. Persons arriving from the states of the EAEU and the Republic of Uzbekistan through checkpoints across the State border of the Republic of Kazakhstan by rail, sea, river and motor transport would have to undergo medical tests for COVID-19 at the points of crossing the State border of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
This is with the exception of:
As of May 29, 2020 the National Security service has made changes to entry/departure procedures
➡️The requirement of a certificate of passing a PCR test with a negative result for coronavirus for entry into Kazakhstan by foreigners was CANCELLED.
➡️Citizens, who are qualified employees are allowed to leave Kazakhstan at the request of state bodies according to the list compiled by a specially created interdepartmental commission. Each case is reviewed individually, a prerequisite is an official permit to enter the country of destination.
➡️Foreigners are allowed to enter Kazakhstan to undergo treatment. To do so, they are required to have proper documents.
➡️ Students enrolled in foreign educational institutions are allowed to leave Kazakhstan to extend their student visas, pass exams, and issue ID cards.
More cities have been added for domestic flights starting 13th of May: Uralsk, Aqtau, Shymkent, Zhezkazgan, Balkhash, Zaysan and Urdzhar.
From June 1st, a phased resumption of internal rail traffic is planned, taking into account compliance with the requirements of the Chief State Sanitary in transport. Ticket sales will begin on May 15, 2020.
The rail service will resume gradually the countrywide on June 1 and June 10, 2020, it said in a statement.
In connection with the end of a state of emergency in Kazakhstan, effective May 13, 2020, the migration service departments have resumed their work in a number of regions, in particular, in Almaty and Nur-Sultan cities.
The State Commission approved a list of types of activities of business entities, which since May 4, 2020, will resume work in Nur-Sultan while maintaining stringent sanitary and epidemiological measures:
✅non-food stores with a total area of up to 500 m² with a work schedule until 5 p.m.
✅hairdressing salons, sewing ateliers, shoe shops (by appointment, no more than 3 clients in the hall, daily room processing)
✅private enforcement agents (by appointment)
✅lawyers (by appointment)
✅medical centers (by appointment)
✅dental clinics (by appointment)
✅advertising agencies (by appointment)
✅information and communication technology companies and payment terminal services
✅photo shops and flower shops
✅sports and outdoor training
✅repair of cell phones and sale of accessories, repair and manufacture of keys, watches, locks, etc.
Additionally from 9 a.m. May 4, 2020 Public Service Centers will resume their work with from 09:00 to 17:00 on weekdays at the following addresses:
➡️30, Migilik El Ave (department No. 1 of the Esil District providing services exclusively to business entities
➡️20-40 Street, No. 2 (Specialized Department) providing services exclusively for car dealerships
The Government has decreed the suspension of the visa-free regime in Kazakhstan until November 1, 2020, for entry and departure from Kazakhstan. Documents are published on the website of the Prime Minister.
The decision was made in accordance with the provisions of Article 46 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 6, 2016 “On Legal Acts”.
"Suspend, until November 1, 2020 the validity of paragraph 17 of the Rules of entry and stay of immigrants in the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as their departure from the Republic of Kazakhstan, approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 21, 2012 No. 148."
According to paragraph 17 of the rules, citizens of the 57 countries could enter and leave Kazakhstan without visas if their stay in the country did not exceed 30 calendar days from the moment of crossing the state border. The said suspension is effective from 17 April to 1 November 2020.
Also, amendments were made to paragraph 26-1, according to which a 72-hour visa-free regime of entry, stay and departure was valid for citizens of China and India, who transit through the international airports of Nur Sultan, Almaty, Shymkent, Aktau, Karaganda and Taraz Kazakhstan.
Please pay attention to an important change in the conditions for obtaining a Kazakh visa.
When collecting their passports with Kazakh visa from the consular office, applicants must present a medical certificate confirming that they do not have a coronavirus infection issued within 48 hours prior to their visit to the consular office. Failure to present such a certificate will result in cancellation of their Kazakh visa.
State of emergency was lifted on May 11 in Kazakhstan. During its validity period, all foreign citizens, who are staying in the territory of Kazakhstan and were unable to leave the country in time for reasons beyond their control, have been released from administrative liability for violation of the terms of stay.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No.283 dated May 11, 2020 https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=35753385#pos=4;-90, visas, temporary and permanent residence permits as well as work permits of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which validities were expired within the state of emergency period or within the 60 calendar days after the termination of the state of emergency period, will be recognized as VALID in the Republic of Kazakhstan until July 10, 2020.
In other words, all expired visas will be considered as valid until July 10, 2020.
In order to extend stay of a foreigner in Kazakhstan, the host entity can file the request with the migration service.
Depending on the purpose, the following grounds may apply for extension of stay:
· work permit
· general power of attorney
· labor agreement
· contract for the services provision
· other documents (labor patent, etc.)
Please note that after completion of the 2-month period, effective July 11, 2020, foreigners, who have not renewed the period of stay, will bear administrative liability in accordance with current legislation of the RoK.